To add a new discussion to the forum,
1. Enter the necessary course and click the Discussion Board icon in the left Tools menu. The list of folders will appear.
2. Select a folder you want to add a discussion to and click its name.
3. Click the New button at the top of the page.
4. Select Discussion to create a new discussion topic. The following form will be opened:
Fig. ‘Adding New Discussion to the Discussion Board’
5. Fill out the fields of the form as described below:
- Subject – enter the subject of the discussion (the field is required);
- Body – describe the topic of the discussion.
To attach a file, click the Attach File link and browse the necessary file. Click Ok to save settings; click Cancel to discard the changes. To check spelling, click the Spelling link.
6. When finished, press the OK button either at the top or at the bottom of the page; to discard changes, press Cancel.
Discussions are displayed in the Subject view. Discussions marked as New () are discussions (or contain replies) which haven’t been viewed by current user yet.