Global Announcement is an announcement created for several courses or organizations. The feature is available for organization administrators.
To create an announcement,
1. Click Site Actions on the organization level
2. Select New Global Announcement
Fig. The New Global Announcement Option
3. The window for creating an announcement will appear:
Fig. Creating a Global Announcement
Fill in the fields as required (fields marked with an asterisk are required to be filled out):
- Courses: click Change filter
Fig. Changing Filter
In the Organization tab check necessary Organizations and Categories which contain courses you want to create an announcement for
Fig. Selecting Filter
To select all categories of a specific organization, first check the Check all children button, then the name of the corresponding organization (see the picture above).
To facilitate courses filtration, you may make use of the Custom filters tab. Select courses by filling in the Title, Published, Start date and End Date fields.
Ø If you specify only start date, courses with the same or later publication date will be displayed
Ø If you specify only end date, courses with the same or earlier publication date will be displayed
Ø Courses which do not have start and end dates are displayed regardless the date specified
Once the selection is made, click OK to save the settings
Check the necessary courses. To select all courses, check the Title box.
Fig. Selecting Courses
- Title – enter a title for the announcement
- Body – enter the description of the announcement
- Start Date – specify the date when the announcement becomes available for users
- Expires – specify the date for the announcement to become invalid
- Attachments – use the Browse button to upload necessary files, if any
4. Click OK to save the announcement. Click Cancel to discard the changes.