To add a new item to the calendar list,
1. Enter the necessary course
2. Click the Calendar link in the left Tools menu. The system will open a calendar
3. Click New at the top of the calendar grid and select Event from the context menu. The following form will be opened:
Fig. ‘Adding a Calendar Item’
4. Fill out the form fields as described below (fields marked with an asterisk are required to be filled):
- Title – Enter the name of the new item
- Location – Input the location where the activity will take place
- Start time – Specify the date from which the event will be valid. You can use the day, month and year fields here or set a necessary date using a calendar icon ().
- End time – Specify the date till which the event will be valid. You can use the day, month and year fields here or set a necessary date using a calendar icon ().
- Description – Enter the description of the event. Use the embedded editor to format the text.
- All Day Event – Select the check box if the event should be applied to the whole day rather than be limited by particular hours within the day (if you select the check box, the Start Time and End Time fields valued will become unavailable)
- Recurrence – Select the check box if the event should be repeated with a certain interval. Specify the recurrence details with the help of section controls:
§ Select the recurrence interval (for example, Weekly or Monthly)
§ In the Pattern section define the days when the event should occur
§ In the Date Range section specify the start and end day for the event
- Workspace – Check the box if you want to use a Meeting Workspace to organize attendees, agendas, documents, minutes, and other details for this event. Proceed the saving and description of the workspace the URL name and user permissions. Follow the next steps of creating a SharePoint workspace.
To attach a file to the event press the Attach File link and browse the necessary file in the opened form. Click Ok to attach the file; click Cancel to discard the changes.
5. When finished, click Ok either at the top or at the bottom of the form to add the announcement. Click Cancel to discard changes and close the form.