The system allows creating a question pool. Questions from the question pool may be further used in Quizzes.
To create a question pool,
6. Enter the necessary course and click the Quizzes icon in the left Tools menu
7. Click Create at the top of the page and select Question Pool. The following page will be opened:
Fig. ‘Creating Question Pool’
- In the Name field enter the name for the question pool
- In the Description field enter the description for the question pool
- Select Yes to display the question pool on the quick launch
8. Click OK.
An empty question pool page will appear.
Fig. ‘Question Pool’
To add a question to the question pool, click New at the top of the page and select New Item. A page for adding a question will appear. To fill out the form fields refer to section Creating Quiz Questions.
To add a folder to a pool:
1. Click New at the top of the page and select New Folder.
Fig. Pool: New Folder
2. In the New Folder window enter a name for the folder.
Fig. Adding Folder
3. Click OK to confirm settings. Click Cancel to discard settings.
If necessary, you can add questions to the quiz from the Question Pool (the Question Pool is a repository of questions that can be used by all quizzes).
To add a question from the pool,
- Point over the quiz you want to add a question to and select Settings. The Customize quiz page will appear
- In the Quiz Questions section select Import Questions. The following form will be opened:
Fig. ‘Import Questions: Step
- Click the Question Pool button and select Change question pool. From the dialogue window select the necessary Question Pool.
Fig. ‘Import Questions: Step
- Select the checkboxes against the questions (or folders) you need to import. By default all question are checked.
- Select the Randomize Questions checkbox to randomize questions (optionally)
- Check the Do not fetch for each attempt box if you want to keep the same set of questions for each attempt from the ones you import (questions are imported once you press the OK button).
If the box is not checked only one entry containing a reference to the Question Pool questions will be added to the questions list (questions placeholders of the Questions from pool type will be created. Once a new attempt is started the system will try to associate random questions out of the selection. If there are not enough questions in the pool to fill out all the questions of the Questions from pool type the error will be shown).
- In the Limit option you can specify the number of questions that will be rotated for each attempt from the ones you import. So it’s possible to pull random questions from the pool with each new attempt.
- Click OK
The system allows importing the Question Pool questions from different courses and organizations.
To enable questions import, you should activate the Question Pool feature.
In the 2.0.37 version the feature is activated by default.
To do this,
1. Enter Site actions>Site settings>Site administration>Site features.
Fig. Site features
2. Click the Activate button next to the SharePointLMS Question pool feature.
Fig. Activating the question pool feature
Once the feature is activated you should create at least one common Question Pool.
In the 2.0.37 version one common question pool is created by default.
To do this,
3. Enter Site actions>Create>Tracking>Question Pool.
Fig. Creating Question Pool, Step 1
The following dialog box will appear:
Fig. Creating Question Pool, Step 2
4. Fill in the fields as required:
- Name and Description – enter a name and a brief description for the Question Pool you are creating;
- Navigation – specify whether you want the resource link to appear in the Quick launch.
5. Click OK to confirm the settings. Click Cancel to discard changes. Once a Question Pool is created you may add questions to it.
To enable users from other courses and organizations to use the Question Pool questions for their courses, you should grant the corresponding permissions to those users:
To do this,
6. Enter the Question Pool you have created
7. Click Settings>List settings
Fig. Managing permissions
8. Enter Permissions and Management>Permissions for this list.
9. To enable certain users or groups to use questions from the Question Pool, click New>Add users
Fig. Adding users to Question Pool, Step 1
10. Fill in the fields as required:
Fig. Adding users to question pool, Step 2
- Add users - select users or groups you want to grant permissions to. When enumerating users and groups use a semicolon. You can use the Check names and Browse buttons when specifying users and groups.
- Give Permission – specify the level of permissions you want the user/group to have.
- Click OK to confirm the settings. Click Cancel to discard changes.
To import questions,
1. Click the Quizzes icon in the left tools menu
2. Navigate to a quiz and select Settings from the context menu
Fig. Quizzes: settings
3. Click Import questions in the Import Questions tab
4. Click the down arrow and select Change Question Pool
Fig. Questions Import, Step 2
5. Select a Question Pool you want to import questions from and click OK
Fig. Selecting question pool
6. Fill in the fields as required:
Fig. Selecting questions
- Select Question pool – select other question pool, if necessary
- Import questions – check the boxes against questions or folders you want to import
- Import questions options:
· Check the Randomize Questions box if you want the questions to be randomized
· Check the Do not fetch for each attempt box if you want to keep the same set of questions for each attempt from the ones you import. If the box is not checked only one entry containing a reference to the Question Pool questions will be added to the questions list.
· In the Limit option you can specify the number of questions that will be rotated for each attempt from the ones you import. So it’s possible to pull random questions from the pool with each new attempt.
7. Click OK to confirm the settings. Click Cancel to discard changes.
1. Enter the necessary course and press the Quizzes icon in the left Tools menu.
2. Find the necessary question pool and click its name.
3. Select Settings from the drop-down menu.
4. In the Permissions and Management section select Save list as template.
The following form will appear:
Fig. ‘Save Question Pool as a Template’
Fill out the form fields as described below:
- File Name – enter the name for the template file;
- Template Name – enter name of the template. This name will appear on the Create page;
- Template Description – enter the description for the template.
- Include Content – check the box if you want new lists created from this template to include the items in this list.
5. Click OK to save the changes. Click Cancel to discard changes.